The EPF Online Payment service is one of the large facility for the Employers. According to the EPFO guidelines, the Employer must deposit the EPF latest by 15th Date of every month. The organizations should complete the EPF payment procedure within the prescribed time limit. The Employer does not need to go to the EPF O office anymore as the EPF online payment is available.
Every the 8.33% is deducted from the salary of Employee as Provident Fund. The Employer keeps the part of Employee’s salary to himself and adds the Employer’s contribution of 3.67%. The Provident Fund is calculated 12% of Employee’s salary.
Benefits of EPF Online Payment
There are lots benefits to the Employer’s who prefer EPF Online Payment.
- With the EPF Online Payment, Employer’s are needed to prepare and submit the paper return.
- The SMS message will immediately send to the Employer’s mobile, once the EPF amount is transferred successfully.
- With the EPF Online Payment, Employer’s are needed to visit the regional EPFO office for the EPF amount.
The EPFO launched the Employer e-Sewa portal for the EPF Online Payment and the other services to the Employers. The Online Payment can quickly make the EPF Online Payment by using any of the Online Banking Service. Here we will discuss the whole procedure for the EPF Online Payment as follow:
- Online registration of Employer.
- The Online Electronic Challan Cum Return.
- The Generation of the Temporary Return Preference Number and Challan.
- The EPF online payment through the Net Banking.
Steps of EPF Online Payment with Net Banking
Follow the given below procedure at EPF site and later on the bank’s net banking page for the online EPF payment. We show you the stepwise procedure for your quick understanding.
- Open the official website of EPFO https://unifiedportal-emp.epfindia.gov.in/epfo/.
- Log in if you have registered, otherwise create your user ID and password.
- Upload your details to generate ECR.
- Click on the option of Online ECR.
- Generate your Temporary Return Reference Number.
- To produce the Challan, you have to upload the details of the monthly contribution. It should be done as per the given format prescribed in the website.
- Upload the text size of the input statement after filling all the details.
- Approve it after verification.
- Now download the Challan by clicking on the “Download Challan” menu.
- The TRRN will be displayed on the top right side of the Challan.
- The Challan is valid only for the 15 days from the date of generation. Remit your payment within the 15 days from the time of generation of Challan.
- If you fail to pay the EPF online payment within the 15 days, then you will need to re-upload it again to generate the new TRRN.
I hope after reading the article, you will understand how to make the online payment. The online payment procedure is very much helpful for the Employee’s as well as Employer also. Follow the steps which are given above for the online payment with the Net Banking.
If still, you have any query, then comment in the comment box which is provided below.